I don't have a lot of family recipes to draw from so I use the internet as my recipe book. This time I found an amazing Snickerdoodle recipe called "Mr. Sigg's Snickerdoodles" and they are by far the best snickerdoodles I have ever had. The great thing about this recipe was that I had everything I needed already in the pantry! So I set out to make them. Here is the recipe (or you can click the link above):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls of dough in mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard.
- Remove immediately from baking sheets.
These really are the best snickerdoodles I have ever had. If you try this recipe out let me know what you think of it in the comments below.
|It makes about 2x this many cookies... but little hands got to the other plate before I could take a pic :)|